Monday, November 26, 2007

Salsa Havana - 70s Salsa Party

The recent Saturday was a blast in a way, it's been a long while since I step into a Salsa club and finally got back to Salsa Havana and it felt good. Loads of familiar faces and guess what? People still remembers me! LOL.

The first person who greeted me other than the bouncers was Martin himself, coming out from the Deejay console just to have a quick chat with me and ask me why I've dissappeared! Well, sorry dude... work and lack of practice, am shy to dance and screw up on the dance floor.

As it was the last saturday of the month, Ritmo Latino had the theme set to the 70s Salsa Party, so everyone's supposed to come dressed in their best 70s look... except for yours truly. Yeah, I didn't know there's a theme as it was a last minute thing. But heck, it was still good.

It's been so long since I last dance that I actually felt tired on Sunday morning. LOL... coupled with the fact that I've to go for a football match that morning. It wasn't a pretty sight looking at myself on the pitch... but that's another story.

Later into the night, Martin played the Maghalena song and I got pulled onto the dance floor to start the Maghalena dance. Quite funny that quite a number of the salsa dancers didn't know this dance when it has been around for ages. And then, there was the drinking... yup.. the night's never complete without some alcohol...

Oh yeah... we celebrated Camellia's birthday then too.. so Happy Birthday to you Camellia.... for more photos, go here!